- Why did you start blogging?After I moved to The Netherlands, I realized that as much as I loved fashion, I wasn’t indulging and enjoying as much as I would like to. I was so focused on my education that I wasn’t paying attention to the things I really loved. At some point in the process I came across The Blonde Salad (click) and I could totally relate. As I decided to start paying more attention to the things I loved and with some encouragement from my friends, I started blogging. The whole purpose was to push myself and others every day to get more out of your wardrobe than some sweats and shirts.
- Who is your favorite blogger?My all-time favorite blogger is definitely Blair Eadie from Atlantic Pacific (click)
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?The drive and inspiration I get to always do better, be better and grow.
- Do you follow fashion trends? And if so, what is your favorite trend at the moment?I follow trends as in I keep up to date with what’s hot and happening but I don’t partake in every new thing that comes out because not everything is my cup of tea. At the moment I’m really loving cut outs, geometric cuts and bold stripes.
- Who is your style icon?If I’d have to pick only one I’d say Victoria Beckham but since I do whatever I want, I’ll throw in some more names haha; Angela Simmons, Kelly Osbourne, Olsen Twins, Vanessa Hudgens, Jennifer Lopez, The Kardashians, Miley Cyrus and Hilary Duff (just to name a few).
- Would you change anything about your blog?I have some minor aesthetic changes I’m currently working on but nothing major.
- How much time do you spend on blogging? Depends on my schedule but usually around 8 to 12 hours a week.
- What is your motto in life?Nothing is worth it if you aren’t happy.
- Where do you get inspiration for your posts?Mostly from my clothes just lying around. When everything’s everywhere, you create outfits you never thought of before.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?I've been trying to stop planning so, in 5 years I hope to be healthy and happy.
- What does blogging mean for you?Everything. It’s something that has become more than just a passion. It’s something which has helped me grow as a person, invest more in myself and build courage and confidence to be the person I want to be.
11 Random facts:
· I hate smells
· I used to be a nail biter but now I only bite them off when I’m extremely nervous
· My Sassy Girl is my absolute favorite movie
· Backstreet Boys is my all-time favorite band
· I’m short
· I’m loud
· I truly believe in the saying ‘A day without laughter is a day wasted’ so I make sure I enjoy every single day no matter what.
· Cereal is my absolute favorite food
· I strongly dislike talking over whatsapp or other texting apps but I love personal interaction
· Can’t ride a bike to save my life
· But I can surely drive.. with the radio on.. On blast!
Other blogs I give this award to:
House of Style (click)
Breakfast at Fayme's (click)
Antiyano mi ta (click)
Imag Me (click)
Spice Up Your Life (click)
Xenah and Life (click)
Hope you enjoyed this post!*