Vintage or New...Doesn't Matter!*

29.7.11
Hello loves...

I know I haven't spoken to you in a while but there has been a lot going on... In between the bad weather, work, errands and nothing I have been slacking on the blogging... Excuse moi!*

When it comes to vintage pieces I used to raid my moms closet and play with my Grandma's jewels until she gave them to me (hihi,aren't I sweet?) but last December I saw something I couldn't have...

My mom carefully unpacked a jewellery box I've never seen before and started telling me about these beautiful earrings she has been saving for a special occasion... As I stared at the box with earrings, I slowly reached out and put them on... OMG! I was in love! I needed these earrings in my life!

As much as my mom loved them, she offered them to me but I declined... Since I live in a different part of the world, I didn't have the heart to take these earrings... What if my mom wanted to wear them and didn't have them? I couldn't bear the thought her not having her precious beauties and so the search had begun...

As I boarded the plane, arrived, searched and failed to find similar earrings, I never gave up! I am telling you...Accessorize is my homie! A couple of days ago I spotted exact look-a-likes there... As I thought to wait a couple of days,  I was browsing the store again but I couldn't find them! I freaked the F* out!

I asked the super nice lady if they still had them...As she grabbed them for me, I felt extreme happiness and bought them immediately!

 Even though they're not vintage, they look exactly the same...All I can say is: Mission Complete!*



 Earrings by Accessorize (The gold wasn't as gold as I wanted so I put a coat of gold nail polish)


Do you love or do you love?

Ms. Allee
xXx

14 comments:

empire waist said...

aww... yes just going thru moms stuffs cud be like a treasure hunt, u never know wat u cud find ^^
and must say the earrings , I really like them.. :D
take care

Anonymous said...

amazing!

simplychic said...

i love!!!! they are absolutely gorgeous. and it's great that you added the gold polish to get exactly what you wanted.

Adora Mehitabel said...

Cute earings.

Andreea said...

I love vintage, especially jewllery:) Your earrings look very beautiful, can't wait to see you wearing them!

♥ Kisses ♥

http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

cute! x

Dongaala said...

digging into old mommy stuffs can be so much fun...esp wen u end up getting stuffs u've been wanting for so long..
i love d earrings!!
and ur blog looks pretty!
following you !
wud luv if u follow back!! ouchofawanderer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog and great post!!!
I'm following you! And you? Can you follow each other? :)
kiss,yumiKo

yumikontheworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The earring are very chic, they remind me of Audrey Hepburn :)

http://www.crystallized-elements.blogspot.com

Chloe Chante Leenheer said...

nice post!
Really like youre blog!
I''m following now!
wanna follow me?
love,xx

Lovelyladyjb said...

I love them. So classic and chic! New follower :)

Celina said...

Nice and classic!
Love them !

Zarna said...

how nice of you to not take your moms! i totally would have :)

loving the ones you found that are similar!

the desert foxx said...

Ah I love the story behind these earrings!
<3 it
xx

Powered by Blogger.