Beauty | Current High-End Must Haves!*

2.11.17
guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end

Sometimes I'm a bit cautious about sharing high-end products because they are not as attainable to everyone and I like sharing products everyone can find and afford. With that being said, I do like trying high-end products as sometimes they really are worth the hype and price. Here are my current high-end must haves..

guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end
YSL Vinyl Cream Lip Stain

I was a bit skeptical when I first got this lip stain as I have tried other brands before of which the lip stain did not actually stain your lips. On the other hand, I have also tried lip stains which have dried on the lips and instead of staining, just created a crusty, dry layer on the lips. 

This YSL one is great. The applicator is absolute perfection. It is shaped perfectly for a smooth application and feels soft to the touch. The lip stain it self goes on a bit more thick and shiny than I'd like but after dabbing a tissue on the lips once, the lip stain looks and feels perfect. It lasts for hours and keeps the lips feeling moisturized. There wasn't even really a need to reapply after eating and drinking. For a lip stain, the color is impressively vibrant. I was pleasantly surprised.

guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end
YSL The Shock

I am a firm drugstore mascara user as in my experience, they are the best but the YSL The Shock did not disappoint at all! The wand makes it possible for the mascara to do exactly what I love my mascaras to do. It grabs the lashes, coats them completely from root to tip and volumizes like no other. The roots get so nicely coated I barely need eyeliner to shape my eyes.

The mascara has a slight smell but nothing worrisome. It feels light, does not clump, does not transfer and is very black. The only thing I was missing was it being waterproof as I have watery eyes but it holds up so well that it did not matter. It is also pretty easy to get off but most importantly, it looks awesome.

guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end
Guerlain Idylle

A good (signature) smell is very important. The Idylle is soft yet noticeable. I like it since it's not overpowering but has a unique smell. I'd describe it as floral yet light and airy. I mostly use it on nights out but it can easily be worn on a daily basis too. A little bit goes a long way.

guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end
Guerlain Terracotta

The first time I tried this bronzer was by using a small sample I got with a previous purchase. Needless to say, I went back and got the real deal. There hasn't been any other bronzer that makes me look as healthy and sun kissed as this one. It has the perfect amount of warmth for my skin tone. 

It lasts all day and complements my contour beautifully. I love a warm, golden, glowy look and this bronzer is it. It doesn't matter how much you apply, it doesn't look powdery at all and blends flawlessly onto the skin.

guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end
Diorskin Forever

I have a love-hate relationship with liquid foundations but this one right here shut me right up. Imagine how floored I was when I applied this foundation and it applied like a second skin. All it took was two pumps and minimum blending. 

I did the application with a fluffy brush and didn't even have to blend much. It claims to be medium coverage but without applying any concealer, it covered all discoloration. The formula is matte but not drying. There's barely any transfer and it feels light on the skin. I have an oily T-zone; blotting removed the oil but the foundation remained perfectly in place. I was shook. Needless to say, it is absolutely worth it! I mean two pumps, full face application and stays in place all day.. winner!

guerlain, dior, ysl, yves saint laurent, make-up, beauty,luxury, best, brands, high-end
Are there any other high-end cosmetics you think I should try or you find were totally worth your coins? Do you own any of the products mentioned? How do you like them? Let me know! 

If you're interested in any of the products mentioned above, The Yellow House has a large assortment with different shades to suit you perfectly!

And.. The Yellow House is hosting a Dior Make-Up Event on November 3rd and 4th at the Fokkerweg store in Salinja with international make-up artist Alejandra Meza! Customers can make an appointment with the beauty consultants in the store: Karen Quintero at the Punda store (Phone number: 461.3222 ext 105) or Pierre Thielman at the Fokkerweg store Phone number: 461.9127).

On purchase of minimum 2 Dior products on the days of the event; November 3rd & 4th, the customer will receive a complimentary make-up by Alejandra Meza & a Dior gift!
Come have a look at the new Dior Holiday Collection as this is the collection which will be used during the event!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lip stain and perfume are in the shopping bag this weekend. Been looking forever. Thanks for the tip!! ZT 😍

Powered by Blogger.