2011 Met Costume Gala!*

3.5.11
Hello loves...

I always do the best and worst of red carpets but today I'm taking a different approach...I'm going to cover this red carpet a la Fashion Police! There were so many pictures to pick from, so much fashion to see and so many random comments running through my head that I have to share as much as possible with you...5 best and worst would not be enough!

Side note...In no way am I trying to offend the designers...Fashion is art but not all art pieces should be on the red carpet...Just my opinion!

Hope you enjoy it....

Alicia Keys in Givenchy Haute Couture
I loved the outfit and the color but I find the Jacket too casual and edgy for the gala...She'd probably look naked without it but with it, her dress is very toned down!

Andre Leon Talley in God knows what!
First thing that came to mind was: BARNEEEEEYYY!!! And then I thought, it's the snuggie they sell in infomercials!!! My God, so sad that such a big name in fashion commited such a crime!

Ashley Olsen in Vintage Dior Couture
Ok, I have to admit, when I first saw her I laughed and called her The Pirates of The Caribbean girl but...I love her in the dress, the sleeves have some kind of character that don't make the dress boring and the colors are soft enough to play up her own skin tone and make up...Gorgeous!

Beyonce in Emilio Pucci
The doll who couldn't walk...She looks wonderful, the details on the dress are unbelievable and the dress fits perfectly but I hate the tulle and the fact that it was barely possible for her to walk in the dress!

Brooklyn Decker in Michael Kors
Simple,Elegant and Eyecatching...There isn't much more to say!

Christina Ricci in Zac Posen
I don't know what it is about this dress but I love it...This is tulle is done perfectly...The dress flows into it making it part of the dress instead of attached to the dress...The details are spectacular...Just WoW!

Crystal Renn in Zac Posen
Welcome the queen of the dead...What a sad dress...It looks wrinkled and messy...The blazer or whatever the top is supposed to be doesn't fit with the rest of the dress...The hair is too futuristic and the colors are blah...Maybe the dress didn't photograph well but either way it's not working!

Dianna Agron in Michael Kors
Absolutely loved it...The simplicity, the perfect fit and the lack of accessories...Perfect match...This is 'minimum' accessories done right!

Elle and Dakota Fanning both in Valentino
The Peter Pan kids...Don't you just love it?! They look as if they came right out of a story...Because of them still being so young (13 & 17) the dresses feel youthful and playful...I think job very well done!

Freida Pinto in Chanel Haute Couture
I don't like the skinny tie...I think it should've either been a dress-dress or a shirt-suit with the tie...It looks like they started of wanting a shirt and tie and ended up with a dress with collar and tie...Hot mess!

Hailee steinfeld in Stella McCartney
I love that she has grown into this dressing up thing or she got a new stylist because baby girl is moving on up! She looks gorgeous, innocent and has come a long way from her striped Prada dress...Wonderful!

Iman in Stella McCartney
Meet the new member of the X-men crew...Just kidding! She looks ok but I feel that this is too much gold...Her skin tone is gold, her hair is gold, the make up is gold toned, the jumpsuit is gold...Gosh,she should trade places with the oscar statue!

Janelle Monae in Chanel
This is her staple look,she's the suits girl...Although it is a bit boring to see her in suits all the time, I do appreciate the details of her suit...The collar, cuffs and high-waist trousers give the suit a vintage feel...I Love!

Jennifer Lopez in Gucci
I don't think anyone else would have been able to pull this off...She looks elegant with a casual touch...With or without the flowers she would have looked just as elegant!

Jennifer Hudson in Vera Wang
At last...She got the whole boobage/cleavage math right! Perfect fit, beautiful color and perfect combination of materials! Gorgeous!

Jessica Szohr in Topshop Unique
She looks fine but in my opinion too edgy for this event...She could have worn this to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards or something...For a gala, you should wear gala attire! This was a chance to be elegant and she missed it!

Joy Bryant in Missoni
First thought: GRANDMA!!! Not elegant at all...I'm disappointed with Joy because she usually looks great but this is awful...The colors, the material and the combination is just awful! Besides, who wears such jewellery with sweater material!

Kirsten Dunst in Chanel Haute Couture
Just no!...She looks like a candy store spat on her! Look at those shoes, totally unflattering! If a 14 year old would have worn this, I would have been at peace with it, but a grown woman...Noooo!

Lucy Liu in Vionnet
I haven't seen you in forever and then you show up like this...No Good! She looks like she's wearing a crow! This dress combined too many styles...Mesh, feathers, bustier and sheer...No Good! Stick to one or two and you'll be fine!

Mary-Kate Olsen in Vintage Givenchy Couture
Wearing hammocks, that's her style...Atleast her face looks pretty!

Miranda Kerr in Marchesa
Well, she looks like a modern day princess so there isn't much I can say...The tulle is a bit messy but I love it!

Naomi Campbell in Alexander McQueen
I introduce to you...a bowl of chocolate ice cream topped with whip cream...Should I say more?

Rihanna in Stella McCartney
I hate how she always looks dirty...A gala is where you show you have some class and elegance but with Rihanna that just never shows...I don't like the braids either,too casually done! I think this dress would have looked classier on someone else but on her it's just too much!

Serena Williams in Oscar de la Renta
I love the idea of the dress (hat included) but I feel she's too muscular to pull off such a sweet outfit...She looks a bit bulky in it, taking away from the softness and elegance of the dress...Nice try though!

Sofia Vergara in Carolina Herrera
I loved this dress...I loved the simplicity with the art detail...There isn't much to say...Not extremely elegant but sufficient!

Solange Knowles in Dries van Noten
All I can say is HOT MESS! Beyonce should hook her sister up and keep her from visiting Alice in Wonderland...She's bringing all sorts of crazy back!





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.